Physician charting doesn't have to be a burdenJun 28, 2021
Backlogs are terrible, aren’t they? When was the last time you went home with all your work done? A lot of times, we as physicians find ourselves sneaking some work home and instead of spending time bonding with our families, the few hours left in the day are spent charting. Over time, our backlog becomes our source of shame, guilt, frustration, and even overwhelm. As a result, some of us have had our jobs threatened due to mountains of unfinished charts or inboxes.
If you feel out of control, tired, or frustrated as you go through your clinical day, this episode is for you! In today’s episode, I speak with Dr. Una, founder of Doctors Changing Medicine. She is a pediatrician and serial entrepreneur who is passionate about helping physicians create the freedom to live life and practice medicine on their terms.
Here's the summary of what we talked about:
- Why I decided to become a charting coach.
- Why I decided to seek help from a coach when I realized paperwork was becoming overwhelming.
- Mindset shifts that need to happen to anyone looking to join Charting Champions.
- Formulating strategies for avoiding charting at night or over the weekend.
- Tips for setting yourself up from the beginning to be a rock star at charting and having a great experience as a physician.
- One of my favourite transformation stories.
…and so much more!
Tune in for tips on how to have your evenings and weekends to yourself again!